Updated: September 23, 2021
Welcome to the COVID-19 resource page for the Department of Design Media Arts. This page has been created to synthesize information coming from the campus, the school and the department.
We encourage you to visit UCLA’s UCLA’s dedicated COVID-19 website and the complete list of campus protocols addressing COVID-19 prevention, vaccines, testing, exposure management and quarantine procedures.
Download the UCLA Mobile App for easy access to all updates and notices, the symptom monitoring survey, CCLE, and other resources targeted towards your employment category.
Access to departmental facilities at the Broad Art Center
The main entrances to the Broad Art Center will be open weekdays 6AM - 6PM. The DMA administrative offices (Suite 2275) will remain locked during office hours, accessible by Bruincard for department staff and faculty only. TA and student access will need to be coordinated by appointment. The front desk will be staffed between the hours of 8am - 2pm, Monday-Thursday. To ensure your access to the building, please have a Bruincard with you at all times. Go to the Bruincard Distribution page to find out more.
Instructional Guidance for Faculty,
Lecturers, and TAs
- September 17th updated protocols for Fall 2021 instruction
- Return to campus information for Faculty
- FAQ on classroom management from the COVID-19 Response & Recovery Task Force (PDF)
- BruinPost: Guidance for instructors from the Academic Senate (Aug. 30)
- Teaching resources and recommendations for fall 2021
COVID-19 Clearance Portal Access for Instructors
Prevention Protocols in The Department of Design Media Arts
- All students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated if working on campus. and to complete daily symptom monitoring prior to coming to campus, each day.
- A face covering is required to be worn by all individuals while inside any campus facility. Coverings must cover the nose and mouth when indoors.
- Physical Distancing is currently not required on campus and instructors are not required to make modifications to classroom setup.
- Studios, labs, classrooms and offices will be equipped with cleaning supplies. Cleaning procedures will be posted in each area.
- UCLA Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Facilities HVAC engineers have conducted a campus-wide HVAC assessment. All DMA rooms in Broad Art Center are at or above the recommended standard.
- To reduce density in the administrative offices (Suite 2275) the department is implementing modified office hours and is open Monday through Thursday, 8am-2pm. Access outside of those hours will be by programmed Bruincard only.
- The University highly encourages everyone to test regularly, even if vaccinated and asymptomatic. Current faculty and staff are permitted up to 2 free tests a week from campus testing sites.
If you suspect you have been exposed and/or infected with COVID-19 call the UCLA COVID Call Center at (310) 267-3300. If outside of business hours email firstname.lastname@example.org promptly. You should also notify the interim Department Manager (Else Henry). Contact tracing is initiated once the Call Center has been contacted. The Department and the School of the Arts and Architecture does not conduct contact tracing on its own.
Please contact the department COVID-19 liaison if you have any questions.